Position: Digital Marketing Communications Officer
Women in Communications and Technology (WCT) is a national grassroots organization that creates and delivers programs through a community network to help women advance in the communications, media and technology sectors.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Officer is responsible for implementing the organization’s marketing and communications activities, including management of the WCT website and CRM, social media outreach, communications materials, and internal and external marketing materials.
Social Media (30%)
- Develop strategy and campaigns to effectively leverage WCT’s social media channels to recruit members, promote programs and grow awareness.
- Source relevant internal and external content to amplify WCT’s position on diversity, inclusion and women’s engagement in technology, media and communications industries in Canada.
- Responsible for WCT’s website and content and database system and processes including co-ordination and training of chapters volunteers
Communications and Outreach (30%)
- Create communications materials including fact sheets, annual report and marketing collateral
- Create and organize external communications for events, e-blasts, programs
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for recruiting and retaining volunteers and memberships.
- Media outreach and materials such as press releases and op-eds
- French language outreach, communications and marketing materials
Events and Board Meetings (30%)
- Organize logistics, technical support, marketing of webinars including post webinar survey and analysis.
- Assist with WCT national events and initiatives, including Awards Gala, National Town Hall, Forums
- Provide input and materials for National Board meetings regarding marketing and communications initiatives
At WCT, we know that women and equity-deserving groups may not apply to a role if they do not feel they possess all of the qualifications. Please use the below as a guide and apply if you think you would bring value to this role.
- University or college degree
- 2-3 years experience developing social media assets and communications products
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Basic graphic design skills, including using Canva/Adobe InDesign
- Experience writing for the web
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in a remote-first/hybrid work environment
- University degree in communications or marketing, or non-university training in one of those fields
- Proven experience running paid social media campaigns
- Bilingualism (English/French) is a strong asset
- Experience with CiviCRM database and Drupal 9 websites
- Experience planning and executing virtual events using Zoom
- Direct experience working with volunteers
This is a full time position. Renumeration is $52,000.
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter describing why you would bring value to this role to Stephanie Wai, Operations Coordinator, at info [at] wct-fct.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank all candidates for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates from the first interview will be asked to complete a writing exercise. Successful candidates from the writing exercise phase will be invited to a second interview. Successful candidates from the second interview will be asked for references.